Security Advisory WSO2-2016-0156¶
Published: October 31, 2016
- WSO2 API Manager 2.0.0
- WSO2 Application Server 5.3.0
- WSO2 Business Rules Server 2.2.0
- WSO2 Business Process Server 3.6.0
- WSO2 Dashboard Server 2.0.0
- WSO2 Data Services Server 3.5.1
- WSO2 Data Analytics Server 3.1.0
- WSO2 Identity Server 5.2.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus 5.0.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Store 2.1.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager 2.0.1
- WSO2 Governance Registry 5.3.0
- WSO2 Message Broker 3.1.0
- WSO2 Machine Learner 1.2.0
Some of the Login forms in WSO2 products auto-complete the passwords in the user’s web browser when the password is stored in the browser.
When a new username and password are entered into a form and the form is submitted, the browser asks if the password should be saved. Thereafter when the form is displayed, the username and password are filled in automatically or are completed as the username is entered.
When the password field can be cached in the browser, an attacker with local access could obtain the cleartext password from the browser cache.
For WSO2 Update Manager (WUM) Supported Products¶
Use WUM to update the following products.
|WSO2 API Manager
|WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus
|WSO2 Identity Server
|WSO2 Data Services Server
For Other Products¶
Apply the following patches based on your products by following the instructions in the README file. Patches can also be downloaded from Security Patch Releases. If you have any questions, post them to email@example.com.
|WSO2 Application Server
|WSO2 Enterprise Store
|WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager
|WSO2 Dashboard Server
|WSO2 Message Broker
|WSO2 Business Rules Server
|WSO2 Governance Registry
|WSO2 Business Process Server
|WSO2 Machine Learner
|WSO2 Data Analytics Server
If you are using newer versions of the products than the ones mentioned in the "SOLUTION" section, this vulnerability is fixed.