Security Advisory WSO2-2020-0685¶
Published: August 17, 2020
CVSS Score: 6.1 (CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N)
- WSO2 API Manager : 2.2.0
- WSO2 API Manager Analytics : 2.2.0
- WSO2 API Microgateway : 2.2.0
- WSO2 Data Analytics Server : 3.2.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Integrator : 6.6.0 or earlier
- WSO2 IS as Key Manager : 5.5.0
- WSO2 Identity Server : 5.8.0 , 5.5.0
- WSO2 Identity Server Analytics : 5.5.0
- WSO2 IoT Server : 3.3.0, 3.3.1
Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the SOAP service Try it tool.
By leveraging the Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Try it tool, an attacker can make the browser get redirected to a malicious website, make changes in the UI of the web page, retrieve information from the browser or harm otherwise.
If you are using an affected product version, it is highly recommended to migrate to the latest released version to receive security fixes.
Otherwise, you may apply the relevant fixes to the product based on the public fix(s):
If you are a WSO2 customer with a support subscription, use WSO2 Update Manager(WUM) updates in order to apply the fix to the affected versions.
WSO2 thanks, Krzysztof Przybylski for responsibly reporting the identified issue and working with us as we addressed it.