Security Advisory WSO2-2019-0665¶
Published: May 07, 2020
CVSS Score: 8.7 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:N/A:H)
- WSO2 API Manager : 3.0.0 or earlier
- WSO2 API Manager Analytics : 2.5.0 or earlier
- WSO2 API Microgateway : 2.2.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Integrator : 6.4.0 or earlier
- WSO2 IS as Key Manager : 5.9.0 or earlier
- WSO2 Identity Server : 5.9.0 or earlier
- WSO2 Identity Server Analytics : 5.6.0 or earlier
It has been identified that Management Console is vulnerable to an XXE attack when updating an EventPublisher.
In event-publisher component, secure processing feature has not been enabled for XML parsers to prevent XXE attacks.
The XXE attacks can affect any trusted system respective to the machine where the parser is located. This attack may result in disclosing local files, denial of service, server-side request forgery, port scanning and other system impacts on affected systems.
If you are using an affected product version, it is highly recommended to migrate to the latest released version to receive security fixes.
Otherwise, you may apply the relevant fixes to the product based on the public fix(s):
If you are a WSO2 customer with a support subscription, use WSO2 Update Manager (WUM) updates in order to apply the fix.
WSO2 thanks, Paweł Hałdrzyński (Limpid Security) for responsibly reporting the identified issue and working with us as we addressed it.