Security Advisory WSO2-2019-0670¶
Published: April 04, 2020
CVSS Score: 4.7 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N)
- WSO2 API Manager : 3.0.0 or earlier
- WSO2 API Manager Analytics : 2.5.0 or earlier
- WSO2 API Microgateway : 2.2.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Integrator : 6.5.0 or earlier
- WSO2 IS as Key Manager : 5.9.0 or earlier
- WSO2 Identity Server : 5.9.0 or earlier
- WSO2 Identity Server Analytics : 5.6.0 or earlier
A potential Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability has been identified in the Management Console.
The registry advanced search user interface is found to be vulnerable to a potential Reflected XSS attack when a user injects a malicious executable script as user input through carbon management console.
By leveraging an XSS attack, an attacker can make the browser get redirected to a malicious website, make changes in the UI of the web page, retrieve information from the browser or harm otherwise. However, since all the session related sensitive cookies are set with httpOnly flag and protected, session hijacking or similar attacks would not be possible.
If you are using an affected product version, it is highly recommended to migrate to the latest released version to receive security fixes.
Otherwise, you may apply the relevant fixes to the product based on the public fix(s):
If you are a WSO2 customer with a support subscription, use WSO2 Update Manager(WUM) updates in order to apply the fix to the affected versions.