Security Advisory WSO2-2020-0803¶
Published: September 02, 2021
CVSS Score: 4.3 (CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L)
- WSO2 API Manager : 3.2.0 or earlier
- WSO2 API Manager Analytics : 2.6.0, 2.5.0, 2.2.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Integrator : 6.6.0 or earlier
- WSO2 IS as Key Manager : 5.10.0 or earlier
- WSO2 Identity Server : 5.10.0 or earlier
- WSO2 Identity Server Analytics : 5.6.0 or earlier
- WSO2 Micro Integrator : 1.0.0
A potential XML External Entity (XXE) vulnerability in Carbon Utils component.
A potential XML External Entity vulnerability was identified in some utility methods used by Carbon components since secure processing is not enabled for the XML parser.
If a malicious XML payload can be submitted to the XML parser here, then the attacker could read confidential data from the file system or access HTTP resources that are reachable to the vulnerable product. The same vulnerability could be used in performing a denial of service attack.
If the latest version of the affected WSO2 product is not mentioned under the affected product list, you may migrate to the latest version to receive security fixes.
Otherwise, you may apply the relevant fixes to the product based on the public fix(s):
If you are a WSO2 customer with a support subscription, use WSO2 Updates in order to apply the fix.