Published: September 02, 2021
CVSS Score: 4.6 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N)
- WSO2 API Manager : 3.0.0 or earlier
- WSO2 API Manager Analytics : 2.2.0 , 2.5.0
- WSO2 API Microgateway : 2.2.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Integrator : 6.6.0 or earlier
- WSO2 IS as Key Manager : .5.0 , 5.6.0 , 5.7.0 , 5.9.0
- WSO2 Identity Server : 5.4.0 , 5.4.1 , 5.5.0 , 5.6.0
- WSO2 Micro Integrator : 1.0.0
A potential XML External Entity (XXE) vulnerability
An XML External Entity (XXE) attack abuses a widely available but rarely used feature of XML parsers to access sensitive information.
The resolution of external entity references is enabled. Therefore, if attacker-controlled XML is submitted to the XML parser, then the attacker could gain access to information about an internal network, local filesystem, or other sensitive data.
If the latest version of the affected WSO2 product is not mentioned under the affected product list, you may migrate to the latest version to receive security fixes. Otherwise, you may apply the relevant fixes to the product based on the public fix:
If you are a WSO2 customer with a support subscription, use WSO2 Updates in order to apply the fix.