Security Advisory WSO2-2016-0151¶
Published: October 31, 2016
- WSO2 API Manager 2.0.0
- WSO2 APP Manager 1.2.0
- WSO2 Application Server 5.3.0
- WSO2 Business Process Server 3.6.0
- WSO2 Business Rules Server 2.2.0
- WSO2 Dashboard Server 2.0.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager 2.0.1
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus 5.0.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Store 2.1.0
- WSO2 Governance Registry 5.3.0
- WSO2 Message Broker 3.1.0
An XSS vulnerability was discovered in the error responses for the API requests received by API Manager 2.0.0 for invalid resource paths.
The requests made to an API with resource paths containing invalid contexts/resource names/methods that are made of malicious scripts could result in reflected XSS attacks via the error responses returned by the API Manager.
If the error response containing the malicious script which was sent along with the request gets displayed on the client side, that script could get executed in the user’s browser resulting in a reflected XSS attack.
Apply the patch WSO2-CARBON-PATCH-4.4.0-0398 for API Manager 2.0.0. Follow the instructions in the README file inside the patch. Patches can also be downloaded from Security Patch Releases. If you have any questions, post them to email@example.com.