Security Advisory WSO2-2020-1196¶
Published: October 27, 2021
CVSS Score: 9.1 (CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N)
- WSO2 API Manager : 2.6.0 , 3.0.0 , 3.1.0 , 3.2.0
- WSO2 API Manager Analytics : 2.6.0
- WSO2 Enterprise Integrator : 6.5.0, 6.6.0
- WSO2 IS as Key Manager : 5.7.0 , 5.9.0 , 5.10.0
- WSO2 Identity Server : 5.7.0 , 5.8.0 , 5.9.0 , 5.10.0
- WSO2 Micro Integrator : 1.0.0
Broken Authentication Vulnerability.
Broken Authentication vulnerability occurs when StartTLSEnabled property is set to
true in the LDAP user store configuration.
This vulnerability allows anyone to log in if a valid username is known. However, StartTLSEnabled is not set to
true by default. Therefore, a deployment is not impacted unless that configuration is turned on explicitly.
If you are using an affected product version, it is highly recommended to migrate to the latest released version to receive security fixes.
Otherwise, you may apply the relevant fixes to the product based on the public fix(s):
If you are a WSO2 customer with a support subscription, use WSO2 Update Manager(WUM) updates in order to apply the fix to the affected versions.
WSO2 thanks, Thomas BIZOUERNE for responsibly reporting the identified issue and working with us as we addressed it.